THURMAN WHITE ACADEMY OF THE PERFORMING ARTS
1661 Galleria Drive Henderson, NV 89014
Who Are We…?
The International Academy is unique to Thurman White MS and offers students the opportunity to engage in inquiry-based learning which encourages students to become creative, […]
Thurman White students attended a Dean’s’ Orientation regarding our expectations at school during September. Here are few of the key highlights to review with your […]
Dress Code Reminders
- Please wear your pants at waist level. Sagging is not allowed.
- No midriffs or low cut tops.
- Tank tops and see through blouses are not allowed.
- Hats must be stored in lockers during the school day. Bandanas are prohibited at school.
- No facial piercings allowed
- Purses may be no larger than 8 in. (Length) x 5 in. (Height).
- Shorts must be fingertip in length.
- No Spandex allowed.
Tardy Policy has been updatedIf you arrive late to school, report to the Dean's’ Office, to sign in and receive an admit pass. Two parent notes will be accepted per semester for an excused tardy for early bird or first period. Any tardy after the first two will only be excused with a medical or emergency excuse. All students who have an invalid excuse will be considered unexcused.
STUDENTS MUST HAVE BOTH FEET INSIDE THE CLASSROOM DOOR TO BE IN CLASS ON TIME.Seldom, if ever, is it necessary for anyone to be tardy; therefore, most tardies are unexcused. Unexcused tardies may result in disciplinary actions. The school-wide tardy policy will be enforced by all staff and provides the following consequences for each semester.
- First Tardy (Warning/Parent Contact) – The student signs into the Dean's’ Office and parent/guardian will receive a phone call notifying them of the tardy policy. A copy of the policy outlining future consequences of being tardy will be sent home with the student to share with the parent.
- 2. Second Tardy (Lunch Detention) – The student will be assigned a lunch detention with notification of parent/guardian at least 24 hours prior to the detention.
- Third Tardy (Dean's’ Detention) – The student will be assigned a Dean's’ Detention with notification of parent/guardian at least 24 hours prior to the detention.
- Fourth Tardy (2 days of Dean's’ Detention) – The student will be assigned two days of Dean's’ Detention with notification of parent/guardian at least 24 hours prior to the detention.
- Fifth Tardy (1 day of In-House Suspension) - The student will be assigned a full day of in-house suspension with notification of parent/ guardian at least 24 hours prior to the in-house suspension.
- Sixth Tardy (Required Parent Conference (RPC) – The student will be placed on Required Parent Conference (RPC-B). Parents/Guardians will be required to attend a parent conference with the Dean of Students.
Click read more to find out what's happening in your school. This is where the faculty members at Thurman White MS will put out important information or just general news.Read More
Want to know when that basketball game is happening and who it's against? Want to know when and where the book fair is? Click read more to find out!Read More
WHO ARE WE...?
SIGN ME UP
Linked below you'll find the registration form for incoming 6th grader looking to enroll in the magnet program here at Thurman White MS.
Additionally, you'll find the magnet course catalog that outlines the different program areas offered at Thurman White. For each program area you'll find a breakdown of each level that describes what will be covered in the course.
Finally, you'll find the normal course catalog. This PDF is the most comprehensive and covers a few things. Here you will find the different core classes offered at Thurman White and what each class places a focus on. After the core classes, the electives offered are explained with their duration listed. Not only are there core classes and electives, but there is also the opportunity for students to enroll in the international study program, which is explained in the course catalog. The final two things covered are the different diplomas and the honor code.